Join the Dallas
Meditation Center / Awakening
Heart at our 2013
AUTUMN WEEKEND RETREAT. This weekend residential retreat will take
place Friday, October 25 (6pm) - Sunday, October 27 (2pm) at the PRAXIS Retreat
and Learning Center, about 80 miles N.E. of Dallas in Telephone,
Texas (near Caddo National Grassland).
We will be practicing mindfully
together and in separate small groups during meditations, teachings,
journal-writing, sharing/discussion, meals, nature walks, and
candlelight services, etc. There will also be Yoga & QiGong
available, as well as optional swimming or canoeing during Free Time
in the large pond nearby.
M.Div., M.A. (an ordained disciple of Thich Nhat Hanh), Andy McDonald, RYT, Bobbie Perkins and
other facilitators from Dallas Meditation Center.
All meals will be vegetarian, organic, healthy and DELICIOUS. Some of
the cuisines will include Asian, Middle Eastern, South American, and
Rates for the weekend, Oct 25-27:
• $225-250 for those of higher income
• $200-225 for those of medium income
• $175-200 for those of lower income
• $150-175 for those with no income
Please give as generously as you can, so that we can offer the lower rates to those who need them. Thank you!
The suggested rate includes the retreat events, housing and vegetarian
meals. Additional financial gifts are welcome with your payment to
help cover overall costs.
Full payment is due with your registration.
► REGISTER for this retreat online.
NOTE: Registration for this reteat is now FULL. You may still
fill out the online registration to be placed on a waiting list in
case space becomes available.
Are you already registered and need to send your remaining balance? Click here
Who should attend this retreat?
This retreat is intended for participants with a regular group
meditation practice, meeting these criteria:
- Have practiced group meditation at least 4 to 8 times at Dallas Meditation Center or a similar center
- Committed to attend the 5 p.m. Sunday sangha at DMC at least twice between now and this retreat
- Intend to regularly attend the 5 p.m. Sunday sangha at DMC weekly, or at least once a month following this retreat